Senior Accounts Administrator (QR179)
Location: Hitchin, Hertfordshire
SALARY £25,000 PA
Sector: Property ManagementJump to application form
Our client is looking for a Senior Accounts Administrator to manage the company's accounts payable and receivable. You will oversee the accounting department's daily operations.
Accounts Administrator responsibilities include reviewing and reconciling accounts, processing payments to external partners, and maintaining updated records of invoices and receipts.
You will work closely with the accountants to manage financial functions, including accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliations, and monthly journal entries.
- Manage obligations to suppliers, customers, and third-party vendors
- Process bank deposits
- Reconcile financial statements
- Prepare, send and store invoices
- Contact clients and send reminders to ensure timely payments
- Submit VAT returns
- Identify and address discrepancies
- Report on the status of accounts payable and receivable, general ledger and bank reconciliations
- Prepare budgeting reports and forecast revenues
- With the support of our accountants, Manage month-end and year-end closing
- Organize financial data into usable information and maintain updated records
- Track the progress of financial and accounting objectives
- Proven work experience as a senior Accounts Administrator or similar role
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and debt collection regulations
- Hands-on experience with accounting software Xero
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets)
- Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors
- Good organizational and time-management abilities
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our financial management is accurate and effective.
Up to 25,000 pa (depending on experience)
Full Time - Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm